Monday 6 February 2012

Shadows in Flight and other nonsense

New Ender's (well Bean's really) book is coming out soon aaaahhh! Shadows in Flight by Orson Scott Card is out on February 13. If anybody truly loves me, that is my valentines present right there. I adore the way this series is more a continually expanding network of awesomeness, rather than a linear set of sequels. It provides so much more possiblity for MORE!

Courtesy of Macmillan publishing, here is a delightful audio clip to whet your appetites!

On a calmer note, I have several books to read before this date so need to get on it. Also my re-reading schedule is getting a bit out of control, what with film versions coming out and final installments, I need to catch up on quite a few of my favourite books.

And I must get my hands on the Handmaids Tale, which I thought was all about medieval handmaids (e.g. historical drama which does not interest me in the slightest) but is actually all about a dystopian future. Excellent.

Final note: if you haven't eaten in the Waterstones restaurant, you should! Gorgeous food, huge portions and beautiful setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment