Wednesday 13 March 2013

Cloud Atlas

I went to see this in the cinema last night, and after struggling for a whiel with my ailing memory, had come to the conclusion that I was at least 90% sure that I had read the book. Then I saw the film and did not recognise a single scene or plotline.

How did I come up with such a ridiculous amount of confidence that I had read it? A lot of people pointed out that its the kind of book you don't forget, but I am quick to point out that sometimes I really cannot remember a single thing about a book until I pick it up again (even then, it can often take a while - like with The Stone Gods).

I am keen to read it now, and catch up with where I thought I was. I loved the film, and thought it was very well done, considering some poor reviews and an incredibly complex cast. Anybody want to lend me a copy?

No comments:

Post a Comment