Monday 11 June 2012

Reading by chapter

Obviously a lot of people. Maybe the majority of people? Either way, I just don't understand how they can do it. I normally fail to even see the chapter pages that seperate the awesomeness of a book. When I was away I had to read the Handmaid's Tale in frustratingly short bursts and my mum wouldn't let me be antisocial enough to finish it, even though it was amazing and I NEEDED to know what was happening.

I liked the book, but thought it didn't describe enough about how the society evolved and why, and all the rules and hierarchies. I suppose it does make it more realistic (its meant to be a diary) that the author didn't see fit to put in all this extra information I wanted and only commented on part of the really interesting stuff.

In other exciting news, I finally have my hands on a Song of Fire and Ice! Now I can watch the programme and stop being out of the loop whenever anyone talks to me.

I also started reading a thriller about OCD, but had to give it back because it wasn't mine (or the person I borrowed it from). Anyway, I need to stop buying/ acquiring books because I'm moving soon and they seem to have multiplied over the past year.

No comments:

Post a Comment