Wednesday 8 May 2013

On my bookshelf

I've been doing most of my reading online lately, with a whole host of lovely blogs I've recently discovered. I'm still struggling through The God Delusion, but there's only so much of Richard Dawkins you can take at any one time. I also started Hegemony and Survival, by Noam Chomsky (really wanted to read some of his non-language stuff), which is good, but obviously less easy to get into than fiction.

I need to go back to the library really, especially as I am going away in about two weeks. What shall I pack for the trip? Probably Eye of the World - I honestly intend to reread the entire series, regardless of how long it takes me.

I've also been promised some free sci-fi from a friend, which sounds good. Speaking of which, if anyone hasn't seen the Ender's Game trailer:


Of course I'm going to be more picky about this particular film adaption than almost any other. I would also like to take this opportunity to BEG everyone I know to read it first. You really will not regret it.

So, things I like: the battle room looks really, really good. Things I don't: What's up with Ben Kingsley's face? And WHO is that girl in the middle of the trailer? If they have invented a love interest for the sake of "spicing things up" (they're meant to be kids, for God's sake) I think I might be sick. Also, also! Where is Bean? (How are they even going to portray Bean??) Disappointed there is no mention of Peter either. I know it's only a trailer, but I already have far too many expectations for this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment