Tuesday 8 October 2013

Birthday books

It wouldn't be a birthday without books. I turned 24 yesterday and, as well as having a wonderful day, was lucky enough to receive these:

He's a stud, she's a slut, and 49 other double standards every woman should know - Jessica Valenti (Obviously continuing my feminism-based reading. It's smart, funny and most importantly, has a focus squarely on what we can [all] do to change these double standards.)

El leon, la bruja y el ropero - C.S Lewis (It's The lion, the witch and the wardrobe in Spanish. Very touched by this one - I'm trying to learn Spanish at the moment but my understanding is pretty basic. This is one of my most-read books in English, so I know the story very well. That will help enormously as I try to read my first [full-length] book in a foreign language.)

Three mini moleskine notebooks - every writers' favourite. I can't wait to fill these up!

And finally...

642 things to write about - the San Francisco Writers' Grotto (This is basically hundreds of writing exercises, aimed to get you thinking about different ways of looking at the world, and to realise that there are still plenty of new ideas to write about. I like this idea so much that I think I'm going to include a few of them here on this blog, along with my 'answer'.)

No comments:

Post a Comment