Wednesday 28 December 2011

Merry Christmas!

I hope you all had a wonderful christmas :)

I was lucky enough to get some awesome presents, including a typewriter!
Isn't she beautiful?? It works as well, and I've been having great fun bashing out nonsense on it. Everything seems so must more certain when it's written on a typewriter...

I also got 'Before I go to sleep', that book I've been wanting to read forever. It's just as good as I expected, couldn't put it down. A perfect mix of thriller and intriguing medical anomaly, it's about a woman with severe amnesia who wakes up each morning not knowing where she is or who is lying next to her. Captures the fear and feeling of losing yourself that such circumstances must bring.

Just been to see the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (take two: hollywood version). I have to say I enjoyed it. Of course I have my quibbles, but generally it was a really good film and most of the actors had convincing Swedish accents. Roll on the Girl who Played With Fire!

Next on my reading list: The Handmaids Tale, The Crimson Petal and the White, the last three WoT books (in preparation for the final final installment next year). Also plan to read some Steven King books. Oh and the latest True Blood book is out, so that as well. Can't wait for 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment