Monday 26 November 2012

It's less than a month till Christmas...

Don't worry, I'm not about to announce a list of festively themed books (do they even exist?), I'm just noticing how little of the year is left. I'm really excited to start categorising all the books I've read this year and seeing how many are re-read, or recommended or what. But I've noticed that I'm up to number 40 and there is a small but insistent voice inside that is calling for the final tally to be a round number...50 in fact. This would mean I would have to read more books per month than I have done in the previous 11. I will have the Christmas holidays, and being on holiday earlier this month has definitely given me time to read more, but still its a lot. So I'm not sure if its possible but I kind of want to try. I am reading four at the moment, and other things I want to read include a book called Blue Eyed Boy (blurb makes it sound much better than the title), the next in the Game of Thrones series, and the last two in Wheel of Time (I'm really running out of time with this one, and I need to be ready for the finale come 2013). I'm definitely not going to be able to manage two WoT books, but maybe one, which would leave me at seven. And it's practically a certainty that I will be given some form of bookish present for Christmas. If I was really cutting it fine I could probably just read chicklit or childrens books to round it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment